Project Manager – Christchurch
- Competitive market rates
- Complex and multi-discipline infrastructure projects
- Career growth opportunities
Do you want to work for a dynamic, solution focused and exciting civil construction business that works across a range of infrastructure projects and are highly regarded by their clients?
Hunter Civil has civil projects across Canterbury and nationwide in 3 waters, sheetpiling, retaining walls, bridges, skate parks and structures projects.
As one of a team of Project Managers you will be responsible for the smooth operation of one/several civil construction sites including management of the programme, budget, resources, methodology, construction detailing, HSQE and more.
This is a full on role best suited to someone who is details driven, able to get along with all members of the team and have good problem solving skills.
Required experience and skills:
- A solid experience working within the NZ civil construction industry – we are looking at candidates capable of taking projects from development to handover, ideally with minimum of 5 years’ experience
- An in depth understanding of contractual facets of construction – especially NZ3910:2013
- A proven delivery record of leading multiple projects to successful outcomes
- Able to produce detailed reports on the progress of construction
- Superb communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Hold a relevant tertiary education within civil industry/engineering
- Experience using MS Project or similar project management software
- Create and/or contribute to the detailed construction programme. Monitor and update regularly
- Interpret and advise on job designs, project plans, and assist project controls, including budgeting, scheduling, planning and risk
- Develop workforce management plan, and plan for current and future work
- Ability to manage on site teams and support teams as well as project outcomes.
- Alignment of key results areas and KPI’s to meet company’s objectives and vision to deliver groundwork at scale and pace.
- Working closely with the Operation Manager and the General Manager to identify ideas to innovate and improve the delivery of the project
What’s on offer with our client:
- Ongoing support and opportunities for career progression
- Excellent exposure to the civil construction industry
- Competitive remuneration package
- A great company culture with an excellent team dynamic
If you’re focused on your career progression, expanding your skills and challenging your capabilities, Hunter Civil is the right choice.
In return you will be matched with rewarding remuneration packages to suit individual experience, internal/external training and career development and a highly driven and skilled team that produces outcomes through accountability.
A clean NZ Diving Licence and the right to work and live in NZ are a MUST for this role! Along with the ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
To apply, register your interest in these positions, or ask for further information, contact Oana for a chat on 021 120 3332.