- Competitive market rates
- Complex and multi-discipline infrastructure projects
- Career growth opportunities
Do you want to work for a dynamic, exciting civil construction business that demands lateral thinking and solution focus to succeed?
Hunter Civil has projects across Canterbury and nationwide in 3 waters, temporary works, retaining walls, bridges, skate parks and complex structures. They have a solid track record of doing extremely difficult challenging and award-winning projects.
This role requires a highly organised, results driven professional capable of leading the bid team in all aspects of tender preparation, review, submission and post-award handover. To be considered for this you must have the ability to thrive under pressure, excellent attention for detail, highly developed literacy skills and strong time management skills.
You will also:
- Have strong administrative skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to build good relationship with clients and staff
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have experience in a variety of civil engineering and construction work types
- Be highly organised and efficient
Bid Manager tasks will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluation of future opportunities, management of opportunities and tender registers
- Research and report on potential future opportunities from existing and new clients
- Directing and leading Tender Coordinator to source, compile and manage requests for quotations from subcontractors and suppliers
- Work with the Tender Coordinator to resolve tender queries and questions from both subcontractors/suppliers or the internal estimating team
- Review, prepare and finalise Environmental Management Plans, Sustainability Plan, Noise Control Plans and all other non-price attributes information required
- Liaise with Senior Estimator regarding coordination of contractual, commercial and resourcing issues
- Liaise with Group HSQE Manager regarding necessary inputs to ensure bid’s success and compliance with all HSQE requirements
- Direct and draft non-price attribute main body document, including development of construction methodology with Senior Estimator and other senior staff
- Draft and prepare covering letters outlining any tags or qualifications in preparation for a staged tender clearance process
- Manage post tender clarification process up to and including tender award
- Undertake (with the estimator) a handover meeting with the delivery team to ensure a successful delivery of the tender as a project. Ensure delivery team are aware of tender strategy and methodology, programme and tags/clarifications to ensure efficient project startup
- Attend post tender debrief with Clients for the purpose of continuous improvement on subsequent tenders, adapt tender strategy to incorporate debrief feedback
- Substantial track record with preparation of high quality complex civil tender non-price attribute submissions and associated documentation
- Substantial technical copywriting skills, paired with marketing experience
- Detailed knowledge of NZTA and Local Authority procurement processes, including management of digital submissions
- Capacity to work with and lead technical staff responsible for preparing commercial, contractual and engineering inputs
- Capacity to complete gap analysis across multiple competing tender documents and resolve potential issues through RFI/Q&A process
- Working understanding of industry legislation, standards and regulatory environment
- Highly developed word and graphics background capable of preparing diagrams and sequence sketches to support submission
We are offering
- Ongoing support and opportunities for growth
- Excellent exposure to a range of complex, dynamic and challenging projects, where your existing skills and experience can be leveraged, while providing new work type opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
- A great company culture with an excellent team dynamic
If you’re focused on your career progression, expanding your skills and challenging your capabilities, Hunter Civil might be the right choice.
In return you will be matched with rewarding remuneration packages to suit individual experience, internal/external training and career development and a highly driven and skilled team that produces outcomes through accountability.
A clean NZ Drivers Licence and the right to live and work in New Zealand are a MUST!
To apply, register your interest in this position, or to discuss this role further, contact – Oana on 021 120 33 32 or email firstname.lastname@example.org